Thursday, June 19, 2008

Question

How often do you draw?

It is a question I get asked many times.

The answer is I draw all the time I don't think a day passes without me laying something down on paper. It is just the same as training to improve at a sport. Good practice is what gets you better at what you do.
I believe some people are born with a natural aptitude for putting down on paper what they see, but they still have to work hard and put in many hours of drawing in order to make the necessary improvements. That is also how an individual style develops through many hours spent drawing.
Just like anything else it can get frustrating when things are not going right and you sit there waist deep in scrunched up failed attempts. Then you get it right and that's it the whole world is a better place and you can forget about all those scrunched up ball of paper and just call them 'practice'!

Thanks to Derryck Wilson for the question

No comments: